The IoT Defense Story
While the past decade has seen huge investments in the enterprise security space, very few of these advancements have percolated down to the consumer and to their devices at home.
Drawing from their vast experience in the commercial and government security space and the deep insights that come with the territory, the founders of IoT Defense have made it their mission to apply their collective knowledge to protect the average consumer from online threats.
With their first product RATtrap, the IoT Defense team has built a platform to deliver the benefits of enterprise class security and privacy but without the complexity, to the home consumer.
IoT Defense was conceptualized in March 2015, incorporated in August of that year and have delivered the first subscription free consumer security device within a short span of one and a half years. Since its inception, IoT Defense has chosen to forego any outside investment and instead build the product solely from personal financing from its founding team.
Some interesting facts about the co-founders:
- Met while working on cyber-security for the US defense industry.
- Are veterans of enterprise and government information security industry applying their knowledge to protect the home consumer from hackers and cyber-criminals.
- Self-funded the company since its inception, passing on funding offers.
- Managed to put the entire supply chain in place to ship a hardware product, without any prior experience in building hardware.
- Went from idea to product in less than 18 months.
- Intentionally designed RATtrap to look like a filter that blocks malicious traffic from entering users' homes.
- Came up with the name RATtrap which has nothing to do with rodents, instead is a trap for RATs (Remote Access Trojans), a special type of malicious software.
Interested in learning more and writing about us? We are here to assist you - inside scoop, exclusive quotes, industry analysis, technology, ... you name it. Get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org.